Monday, July 6, 2015

If 10 Million Fireflies

One word cannot describe how this past week went.  It was the best of times it was the worst of times.  We have had some blessings we have had some draw backs.  First thing is that on Monday last week we had a miracle.  We met someone just out while look at the sunset.  We took a picture of the oh so pretty sunset and found a lady who we talked to.  She, known as Tina, had a husband who was holding her back but now she was set free.  We were able to comfort her. 

Tuesday, oh Tuesday, was the crazy wacko no good very weird day.  We have this Recent Convert who is 21 and his name is Ken.  He comes from a not so great family home.  On Monday night he was abused by his mother, who has multiple personality disorder, and left home.  He took shelter at a members house who was going to take him to a safe house. Tuesdaywe were at the church and he was there.  His mother came and was wanting him back.  She would drive outside the church threatening us.  Sadly we had to get the bishop involved and the police.  Oh my!!!! 

On Wednesday, we went on exchanges.  I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the mental rehabilitation center.  There I met a really nice lady who wanted to join the church.  She started to come in my space and ask if she could speak.  She then said she was a whore.  Oh so fun for me.  It was so awkward and I had no idea where to go next.  Yeah that sums up my day on Wednesday.

Being here I have learned a few things.  I have learned how many fireflies there are.  I actually see them and I have to say they are really cool.  I learned that my IQ is probably going down.  It is quite funny I think.  People here are not the smartest in the world and all work for the same company.  This means that they are all poor.  

On the 4th of July, my favourite holiday, we had a meeting and service.  We drove, my nap time, to Cleveland area and were taught by my new mission Presidents.  After that we did service the rest of the night.  Most of the service here is outside.  Not much moving or inside work.  

My companion is from St. George Utah and his name is Elder Demke.  He has a twin brother and he wants to be a landscaper when he is older.  He is a hard worker and all.  

Spiritual though that has been going though my head is courage.  We all need to be courageous in life.  We need to stand for what is right and to stay true.  Do not hold back when asked a question.  BE BOLD

Well that is my little rushed because we have to turn in our damaged car thanks to a grandma crashing into it letter.  No car week fun fun.

Alma 7:11-13 are my favs this week

GO TO HEAVEN

Keeping my eye single all day and all night to the glory of God

Elder Vance


No comments:

Post a Comment