Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Shake It Off


I would like to start off by saying that I am losing my Taylor Swift touch.  It is getting harder and harder to remember her songs.  Oh well.  Anyways, this week hasn't been one of those fun filled weeks with a whole bunch of stories that are so weird, but there are some though.
On Wednesday of last week we went out with members to people's houses.  One member in particular told us a fun fact about eggs.  If you hard boil eggs for a very long time the egg will turn green and explode.  That was her experience though so it might not work with everyone.  So that is the fun fact of the week.  After that we visited someone's house and we broke their porch.  There porch was already bad and decaying but we stepped and fell in.  We both are fine but we just awkwardly left.  They would not answer the door and yeah.
On Friday my companion crash his bike and got a concussion.  We were on the side of the road and we had a good Samaritan experience.  A Jehovah Witness came by and helped us up.  They drove us back to the car and after that I was able to drive for the next few days.  I was able to drive which made me happy.  We also went to the hospital which made me really happy.  I love the hospital and was in a very happy place.
On Sunday we had a guy who was teaching recent converts say that "I can go out and kill someone if I want to".  It was just a little shocking but quite funny.
Anyways we have had people yell at us this week and I just though of Shake It Off.  You know the haters going to hate hate hate hate hate. So all you have to do is shake it off.  It will be for the best.
Jacob 2:18-19 was one of my favourite scriptures right now.  It just hit me and told me that I need to be on a mission before I can start going to college.  I will probably keep that in mind the rest of my mission.  It is a great reminder that my eyes should be towards the glory of God.
Anyways have a great week y'all.
Love,

Elder Vance


Bike Selfie
Apartment Elders and ward mission leader

Pretty picture of lake

No comments:

Post a Comment