Monday, August 31, 2015

You Got Me in Chains

So first to start off this week is this song.  I had an incident that put that song in my head.  Since then it really hasn't left.  It does relate to the gospel which I will report later on.
Mission changer week has hit and I have learned a lot.  Elder Bennett from the Second Quorum of the Seventy came to our mission and rebuked us in a loving way.  He told us about all sorts of stuff we can be doing to make us more successful.  He talked to us about teaching people at the door instead of just handing them a card.  He told us that even one minute can make a difference in daily schedule.  The meeting was just filled with so much good information. To attend that meeting we had to pass Cleveland which was a lot of fun. I love what that city looks like.  There we also ate Chick-fil-a.  It was a good day overall.
Throughout the week we have done service for a guy named Jacob who was moving.  We thought it was only going to be a one day thing but actually turned out to be a four day thing.  It was not a pleasant thing for us.  It actually reminded me about the Mormon message Lift.  Watch it if you haven't seen it.  But the infuriating part about it was that when we showed up to move stuff he was not packed.  That made me mad.  I was about to scream because he knew about the move for 3 months now and has done nothing about it.  One night we gave him a blessing and someone not of our religion tired to get in the blessing.  He put his hands when we put our hands.  We had to tell him no politely but it was a once in a lifetime experience I had to deal with.  So this guy was his friend. He was older, had three hernias, had a catheter bag hanging out so we can see his urine.  Had the catheter hanging up from his pants so the urine cannot get into the bag.  It just was a gross experience.  Looking back it makes me laugh.
We picked up three new investigators this week.  We picked up Tim, who is searching for God but attends a different church, Cody, who has a friend who is a Mormon and is rather interested, and Barb, who is a Catholic but open to what she hears. I love them all and hope to continue their progression towards truth. 
Fun crazy things of the week:
I TRIED BLUEBERRY PIE and didn't love it.  I am not a fruit fan for all those people out there.
I ate a whole lot of Chocolate Syrup with Ice cream.  I love is so much.
I got my eyebrows waxed by a member who really wanted to do it.  I have to say that they look good.  Not feminine at all or wild like they were before. Haha.
I picked up dog poop for service with a less active who took that same dog to church which was fun.

Okay so back to the chains.  The Devil can chain you up and make you feel like you are never able to escape.  Guess what? YOU CAN ESCAPE!!! There is a way to be free from guilt or shame.  There is a way of not feeling trapped or tied up in chains.  It is turning to your Savior.  As he says in Alma 7:11-12.  He knows what you have gone through.  He can help you throughout all you have suffered or gotten yourself into.  Turn to him.  Pray, talk to the people that represent him (Bishop, Stake President) and be open and willing to change.  I know this to be true.  I have seen it first hand with the people out here in Ohio.  They can change their lives and so can you, if you turn to him. 

I hope y'all have a great week and know that I am continuing to press forward with an eye single to the glory of God.  

With Love,


A really nice picture that i will see in the winter and realized how much I actually love the summer

No comments:

Post a Comment