Monday, September 21, 2015

Relax, Don't Do It

A lot has happened in just the last week.  I went to my first ever exchange where I was receiving a new companion.  His name is Elder Russell from Saint George Utah.  This just happened to be my second companion from that area.  It might be a sign?!?!?!? I don't really know.  He is quite amazing.  I am his trainer and he is already doing better than I am. He has put his shoulder to the wheel.  We have a little more in common than Elder Demke.  He likes education but he also likes computer programming.  I know little to nothing about computer programming, but we still work together effectively.

So the whole ward has sort of forgotten who Elder Demke was.  When people ask where Elder Russell is from he says Saint George and they always relates it back to Elder Howard who served here before Elder Demke.  It is quite funny.

Also at transfers we got a new car!!!!! I was excited because it was a truck with four wheel drive.  He gave it to us because supposedly Ashtabula gets a lot of snow.  I laugh still because I don't know what I got myself into.  We are also struggling on miles because of taking the car.

It has been a very stressful week.  I hate change but sadly that is the only thing that is consistent.  It gets easier the more you do it.  I have sort of become the mother of the house because I do the cleaning because I hate mess.  It just is crazy.  I feel like the ward is disappointed with me because I work my hardest but it is not hard enough.  It just is so hard to please people.  I know that as I continue to pray and go forward with faith I will be able to adjust and become great.  

With the work this week we have been really working.  We have picked up more lessons and we don't just sit around doing nothing, we track.  It isn't the most fun but it is work.  We have seen blessings come from it.  We are teaching more people in this area than I have seen ever before.  I absolutely love it.  We picked up this family who seems interested and we are teaching them later tonight.  We just keep going forward.

So the Headley's, the people that I constantly talk about because they are so crazy, are working on getting a car so that they can come to church.  They are now able to drive and they are working on getting a car to church.  It is quite scary but also quite a miracle.  I thought they would never come to church but they are.

So I think I have been put with people on my mission to help me develop my Christlike attributes and to become a better parent in the future.  This last week has been a real patience tester.  A quote that comes to mind is from Thomas S. Monson saying "Life is full of difficulties, some minor and others of a more serious nature.  There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one and all.  Our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solutions to such challenges, forgetting that frequently the heavenly virtue of patience is required".  I need patience because everything will pan out in the end.  I need to relax and not blow up.  It will help too as I keep my eye single to the Glory of God.  

Adios

Elder Vance

I love being out here.  I learn so much and continue to learn everyday.  Have a great week.

Me and the trees 

No comments:

Post a Comment