Tuesday, September 8, 2015

You, With Your Words Like Knives

Just one of the many songs being sung this week by Elder Vance.  I have also been singing High School Musical, the Hymns like always, and many more.
I don't even know where to begin this week.  I have had so many things happened both good and bad that it is just crazy.  So Monday, 31 August, we get a call saying that I made a dog go to the vet and they want money.  STAB. I felt like horrible the rest of the day.  I was playing with a dog (which I no longer do) and it was starting to get aggressive.  I ran away from it because it was on a leash so I thought I could escape that way.  The dog broke the leash and now got problems.  I take full responsibility.  There was a full fiasco and now the member does not want any contact.  I felt absolutely horrible.  They said it wasn't my fault because she should put more control over the dog.  I didn't really know what to do so yeah...
Also on Monday we visited the H******'s.  By now you know how crazy they are.  They talked about how they support love is love and the whole gay thing.  That was a shock.  She also tried to teach one of her neighbors about the gospel and was teaching false doctrine.  It was not good.  We learned that day that we need to reteach everything.
So Tuesday was all well and fine until we had to go to the Hospital.  The other Elders in the district had an incident with a boil on the leg.  We went to the hospital again.  It was still as fun as the first time.  I still love the hospital.
Throughout this whole week we have been doing service.  We are now called as the service people of the ward.  We just do service for those who ask and a lot of people ask.  It is fun but it is also fun teaching. 
Yesterday, Monday, we had a breakfast with the ward and did a lot of service.  We also got a lot of dessert.  I was happy.  I also learned that I am training after just being trained.  It caught me by surprise and I laughed a little.
Sometimes in the world people will use words to hurt you.  It can either hurt you really bad or you can push it off.  I am learning to push it off and not to fight back.  It can be hard but the more you do it the more happy you will be in the future.  If you keep your eye single to the glory of God, like I continue to do, it will change your lives.
A scripture I found that I will put over the door in my house someday in the future is Philippians 4:13.  I heard it
and fell in love with it. 

We have a member who wants the missionaries to bless lottery tickets.

Thank you to all who emailed me and have a great week.  I promise I will write a lot better next week.

This made me laugh

Me and the Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment