Monday, December 14, 2015

Toledo

Well I am officially in the Perrysburg ward.  My area covers East Toledo, Oregon (Ore ee gon is how it is pronounced), THE LAKE!!! and others.  It is a lot like what I started with, good amount of farm and complete ghetto.  The ghetto is a lot worst and due to the holiday season it is not advised to go out working.  I might get jumped or something.  

So some fun facts about Toledo is that it once was the capital for sex trafficking of the nation. There are a lot of drugs too.  It can be beautiful if don't see East Toledo.

My new companion is Elder Whipple.  He has been out about 9 months and has served here for awhile. He is from Gilbert Arizona.  Loves music.  Taller than me.  Don't know what else to say.

Nothing big has happened around here missionary work wise because I still am new but I look forward to progressing it to make it that way.

Well this year the first presidency has really focused on making the Sabbath day a delight.  It is so crucial to keep it Holy but also make it a fun day.  In Ward Council we watched a video about how to make it delightful.  There are those who dread the Sabbath day at home because there is nothing to do and there are so many restrictions but what they are really focusing on is spending the time with your family.  Make it a fun day to serve others.  Bake a plate of cookies every Sunday and deliver it to people in your neighborhood.  Do stuff on Sunday to make it delightful as a family. One of the apostles said that Jesus was persecuted for what he did on the Sabbath. Be creative and don't look at the lists of the do's and don't's.

So I feel a little weird right now so apologies for the letter. It might be the water (haha) inside joke with the Hayden's who we ate dinner with this week.  He got a new water filter and was just so passionate about it when telling us that he pretty much beat it. 

Well I will continue to keep my eye single to the glory of God.

Regards,

Elder Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment