Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Vomit Free Since 2016!!!

Well I have to restart my vomit free calendar.  Yesterday morning at about 5 I threw up.  This prohibited me to go anywhere the whole day.  It was miserable.  I never thought that spending a whole day not doing anything could be so miserable.  Sure it was nice to sleep an extra 5 hours but overall I wanted to get out.

During that time inside the house we had an investigator come to church!!! I am so thankful for Sister Park and Sister West.  We called them in the morning and were like "hey we got someone coming, watch out for her".  They did and they made her experience amazing.  At the end she said how she felt like this was the place she needed to be.  I was so happy when I heard this over the phone.

So we actually found Caroline when we were tracting.  Elder Hale felt prompted to go to this one street to tract and so we did.  When she answered the door we introduced ourselves and our message. Needless to say, she was not interested.  At that moment I just said hey would you like to come to church with us.  She was surprised and said sure.  We talked about how we focus a lot on children and that was something she liked.  Later I knew that it was the Lord leading both of us together to get to her.  It was just so amazing and so touching.  Miracles do exist!!!

So overall this week has been sooooo slow.  We taught not many people.  We were out but I feel our efforts were in vain.  I look back and I see that I was more focused on numbers that I was on helping people.  That is one of my goals for the week.  Trying to help them instead of trying to get numbers.

One thing we are doing as a mission the whole month of February is #FebFindFest.  We are devoting the time from 5 to 6:30 to personal finding.  This is a great benefit because most people are home around that time.  We are talking to people and getting a lot done.  We just need to find a balance of teaching and finding.

So this morning I opened up to a random chapter in the Book of Mormon and decided to read it with the question What can I learn?.  I opened up to Helaman 12.  Oh my!!! I learned a lot about trials and hardships.  Verse 3 talks about how we are given them so we can remember him.  Sure I knew that but I didn't see the bigger picture until verses 23-24.  I took this to mean that we are given trials and hardships so we can repent and come unto Christ.  He is doing this so we can be restored to grace.  We are given trials so we can stay on the path and return to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  Never has this clicked like it did today.  It really does help when looking at the eternal perspective of things.  I know that as I continue to keep my eye sing to the glory of God and focus on the eternal perspective of things then I can do miracles and really help people here in Tokedo (Got a referral this last week that spell Toledo that way).

Have y'all a good week.

Elder Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment