Monday, March 7, 2016

Cinco de Mayo

Well as most of you know it is not even close to Cinco de Mayo but here is a Mexican food place called that and we ate there this week.  It was so nice to eat Mexican food other than Taco Bell.  Taco Bell is great but better is better.  Also this week I tried Lake Erie Perch.

So this week I was told that I had to give up driving because I was no longer the designated driver.  It was sad but it also meant that I got the phone.  That was good though.

So as you might already tell nothing huge happened this week.  No big stories, just a regular week.  The temperature is getting warmer which I like but it's supposed to rain all next week.  We will see.  Don't really know Ohio weather.

So this week we picked up an investigator named James.  James was a former investigator from the past.  He has read the Book of Mormon 2x but has not received an answer yet if it is true.  So today we are going to work with him to help him receive an answer.

This week we just have been working with the same people: both the Johnson families, Glenda, Martha, Phillips family and countless others.

Last week i don't know if I reported this but I will do it again.  We were able to contact this referral this week.  So one day about 2 weeks ago we were tracking and knocked on this door of this little kid.  We were just so kind and asked him about a Bible and what he knew.  We gave him a card and left.  We later learned that he (about 7yrs old) calls the number on the card because he wanted a Bible.  We were able to go back and deliver his Bible and introduce ourselves.  It just was such a great experience to see how children work.

So yesterday we had stake conference.  President Griffioen talked about trials and how trails are there to get us to where God wants us to go.  He told a story about how his son is preparing for a half marathon and went out running the other night.  He has one of those apps that track your speed and direction.  When he came home he showed the app to his dad which showed that he was going a slower speed one direction until all of a sudden he is going the other way in a fast speed.  He said that he was being chased by a big dog.  He related that to trials and how sometimes we will be given trials that leads us in a different direction and at a different speed that how we want.  I related that to a scripture I found this morning. Proverbs 3:11-12  My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord ; neither be weary of his correction: For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth ; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.  He knows what is best for us and he will lead and guide us. That is something I need to continue to work on.

Well I am doing great. I haven't been sick so that's good.  I am continuing to keep my eye on the glory of God.

I guess just love this week,
Elder Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment