Monday, May 16, 2016

Awkward things

So this week I am going to share with y'all all the awkward things that have occurred in the life of Elder Vance this last week.

1 We were biking with helmets on and I was pooped on by a bird.  Through the little holes on the helmet.
2 One day I had 3 buttons unbuttoned on my shirt the whole day.
3 My zipper was down because I constantly forgot to zip it up.
Theses are just the awkward moments in the life of Elder Vance.

So other cool things that happened this week.  I spoke in church and didn't completely fail!!! I was prepared but with my active mind I always feel like I just jump from topic to topic.  Oh well.  I will have to speak again here soon in the other ward though.

Geese here love to j-walk.  They always seem to hold up traffic but the really don't care.  Quite funny.

Also this week we met a completely wasted girl on the bus.  She was talking about who knows what but we do know that she continued to drink while on the bus.

We got flds mail about the prophesies of Jeff Waren in prison.  That was fun.

The last cool thing is that we had district meeting in the school of the prophets.  If you don't know what that is, look it up on lds.org.

So not much happened this week.  We finished all of our referrals that we were behind on!!!! That was a real blessing of itself but more will go on next week

A lot of what the talks in the Cleveland 3rd ward are about how we can be happy.  One person mentioned one time that the church is really good at telling about the happiness that comes from living the gospel but they never talk about what to do to get that way.  For example, how can we grow in faith or charity, and how can we better develop our talents.  It all adds to the theme.  So look for ways to work on building joy.

Truly,

Elder Vance

This is Zach hard at work. If you look closely you will notice he even put his name tag on the sack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment