Monday, May 9, 2016

Bruce

So yesterday I heard the way to get in the gate towards Eternal life.  We were talking about faith, repentance, baptism, and the Holy Ghost and the teacher asked which one gets us into the gate.  Well someone answered Bruce R. McConkie.  Both Elder Welsh and I started laughing. It just was such a not correct comment in any way shape or form that it was just funny.

Another quote we saw this week was relating God to divorce.  It said "Let God have full custody, not weekend visits." It was quite sad to read but also somewhat funny.  It is amazing what the world is coming to.

I am proud this week to be somewhat of a rap fan.  While we were biking (#everyday), I heard the song Say Aah and I was like hey I know that song and tried my best to sing along.  It just gave me pride. Also another song I heard that I fell in love with is the song lyrics that go like this "I've been trying to find my way so long, I'm trying to find my way back home." Don't really know the name but I love it.  Also to continue on the music run.  I called someone Donna Summers (if you don't know who she is, look it up) on the phone.  I asked hey is this Donna Summers.  Well her real last name was not summers it just came out.  I thought that kinda funny.

So there have been a lot of funny things happening this week.  One, I am feeling better. Another one is the fact that we to try and break in at our apartment.  We locked the keys inside and we live on the upstairs apartment.  So we couldn't reach one of the windows but instead we tried breaking into the downstairs apartment.  Sadly their doors were locked too.  It sounds so much worst writing it but it really isn't.  We were trying to get in.

Oh I found a trick to getting people to sit up front in church.  Someone had a dream about this this last Sunday and shared it.  If you get Hershey Kisses and put them on the front rows it will get people to sit up in them.

We had an investigator cancel on us this week because their wheelchair was broken. It was quite sad. 

So the miracle of the week is happening with the Dinkin family we are working with.  They haven't been met for a long time but we finally got back with them.  The first time we visited we joked around but left a really good commitment to get them reading the Book of Mormon.  So the miracle happened when we went back.  Turns out they are reading.  They read 2 chapters 3 nights out of the week.  I was shocked.  It totally surprised me and the thing that surprised me most was the son who said that they need to be reading scriptures everyday.  He is like 23 and I totally did not expect him to say something like that. It just was so cool and such a great testimony builder that reading the scripture can bring a change that people like.  

So the racoon trap that we made.  There are racoons at the Mortley farm here in Kirtland and we are trying to catch them.  They are eating all the bird feed and the people were tired of them.  So now we are trying to catch them and go forward.

So with it being Mother's day someone gave a stellar talk at the pulpit.  He talked about why God created mothers.  The three things he said was for love, an example besides Christ, and more service.  He continued to give evidence for his thesis from examples from the motherly figures in his life.  I come to think of the motherly figures in the Bible who would sacrifice their own child and give it to someone else over cutting it in half.  There were just so many good stories about mothers in the Bible and we really see how importnant they are.

Anyways, I am putting one foot in front of the other and looking forward with an eye single to the glory of God.

Con Amor,

Elder Vance
Abandoned houses o one street

Parting with the kids at church. Jack and Addy

Roxy the Racoon

I don't know how to take a normal picture!

Our raccoon trap for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment