Monday, August 1, 2016

The week of rebukes

So we are shorter on time today due to doing service for this lady who said it would be like 2 hours.  6 hours later we are here.

Anyways so this week we were rebuked by a crazy lady because we were trying to share the gospel to the humble people of Cleveland.  She said that these people around, including herself, were so humble and that they don't need us preaching to them.  It was hard not to laugh.  I find myself in too many of those situations.

Also during that day we had another lady tell us that we should be riding our bikes on the road.  Well I am a complete klutz and ride on the sidewalk.  She said that once we mature we can finally get to the street. Another one that made me laugh.

Again that day we had two cops stop us and completely harass (probably a lot strong term then what they did) us about how we are not supposed to solicit around this area.  it got to the point where they were going to put us in handcuffs.  In the end they turned out to be members and just giving us a hard time. It was not fun at all. 

So those are the most memorable points of my week.  It has been a long fast week.  Don't really remember because I didn't write them all down.  I wrote funeral for something but I have no idea.  I don't remember going to any of them but who knows. 

So this morning I was able to read in Jesus the Christ.  It was really nice and I found something cool I liked about prayer.  It was talking about how God without prayer would still be God but us without prayer will not be able to obtain eternal life. i just found it so cool.  I have been focus a lot on prayer and how I always have better prayers when I speak out loud.  I also see that when i pray more often the day seems to go better, we have generally better success, and I am more patient.  It just is another great witness of how prayer really helps us progress in life.
Anyways...

Nevertheless I went forth,

Elder Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment