Tuesday, October 18, 2016

3 weeks...

It has been about 3 weeks since I last emailed. I might have shared some other stuff and it might be repeat but here is what happened.

I don't remember what happened before conference except that we biked and we talked and we biked some more but conference night I semi remember.  The sun was setting but we had an appointment we set in the projects of Cleveland on the East side.  He was reading the Book of Mormon and so we couldn't ditch him.  We went. I felt comfortable being in that area because I have been in the area 6 months and felt apart of the culture.  Well he flamed us and we were on our way back to the bikes. (It still is hard writing this.  I can speak it but writing is a lot harder) On our way a group a people. Don't know who they were said that there were 2 white boys. I knew right then that we were going to be jumped.  We stumble back to our bikes and by that point they say that they wanted them.  We gave them and all I wanted to do was have it be peaceful and just give them the stuff.  Well they took the bikes and they started to grab us and the last thing I remember is someone reaching into my wallet.  The next thing I remember was stumbling 3 times to the nearest building.  The next thing I remember was sitting down and throwing up in a rubbish bin.  The ambulance took me from there on to the hospital.  First to the Cleveland Clinic then to University Hospitals. The UH has a better trauma center.  The next 8 hrs flew by so fast.  I was in the ER. I got an awesome neck brace that was so uncomfortable. I got a Priesthood blessing in there.  Next I moved to the ICU. I was luckily only there for a short period of time.  That was a miracle of itself.  I got out of there a lot sooner than the doctors expected.  Then I got my room and I stayed there until Tuesday.  I had 2 IVs. The IVs didn't hurt as bad as I remembered and I didn't faint from them either!! I was drugged up and weak.  I learned that I had a fractured skull and a lot of other fun things happen to me. I had to get stitches on my nose.  I learned a week later that I chipped my front tooth.  Not too bad though. I have a bump over my left eyebrow. I also had a lot of scaring which is now gone just red marks left.  Anyways by Tuesday I was able to get out of the hospital.  This was so great. As much as I love hospitals I don't like being admitted into them.  So from then on I have been recovering and now I am back out working again in the Massillon ward.

So while all this happened I learned the importance of prayer and Priesthood blessings. They really do help and really do bring strength.  People were told and I got visitors and also cookies.  Sadly I had no appetite for cookies. Still so grateful though.

When I got out of the hospital I spent a week being an office Elder.  It was so much fun!!! I got to party with President and Sister Brown, The Leavitts, Harveys, Sister Allred, and Sister McGlaughlin (pardon my spelling). I lived in the mission home and overall I was spoiled for a week. I saw what went on and how much work they put forth to run a mission.  I also saw the new Rav4 that the mission got. It ended up going to the Assistance which is another story of itself.  I was able to sweet talk the vehicle coordinator for that.

So this last week I learned that I had to get my stitches out because they weren't the ones that get dissolved.  Monday night rolls around and I was supposed to go to Massillon Tuesday.  We decided to have President Brown take out my stitches.  He said that he has taken out horses stitches before so this shouldn't be any big deal. He would twist their ears or kick them in the gut if they didn't cooperate. He only kicked me in the gut once.

Being in Massillon has been a struggle but also nice.  It is really nice to be back in an area where I can work and do stuff but a struggle because it's back to reality(started singing that Eminem song).  I have headaches on a daily basis and now maybe something is wrong with my jaw.  It is just a struggle. I just work through it.  

I did go on exchanges with the Zone Leaders and I went with Elder Gledhill.  At the end I was convinced that he was Sarah Wilson in guy form.  Totally similar.  Big into musicals and just so much in common.

Also on that exchanged I learned about the power of forgiveness. I was in the same apartment with someone I didn't have the greatest relationship with from the past.  After being around him I was able to find forgiveness and then I had to confront him. It was so hard at first. I couldn't even look at him.  Luckily things did change and I realised I didn't have anything against him anymore at the end.  It just was another great testimony of the Atonement.  It work!

Oh so Massillon is a mixture between all different classes.  It is different then Cleveland. I am coming to love it. I will continue to go forward and to see what it brings.

I finally got a haircut today. The lady who cut my hair did a good job which made me happy but she hates silence.  She was just all over in her conversation.  I told her that I had a fractured skull and so that story had to be told.  She said that she was jumped once but that she used a brick and hit someone in the side with it.  Then she said kidding.  As time progressed it went racial for a second and then sexist and just all over.  She even asked if Elder Beavers was my boyfriend. She thought we were gay. It just was funny.

"And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.  Nevertheless I went forth, and as I came near unto the house of Laban I beheld a man, and he had fallen to the earth before me, for he was drunken with wine." 1 Nephi 4:6-7  Still love this scripture and especially those four words. 

Zach Oct 3, 2016, 12 hours after attach
Zach Oct 11, 2016 8 days after attach.

Bill Reynolds shared a scripture with us that he came across in the temple a week after this had happened. He said he immediately thought of Zach when he read this passage of scripture. 
3 Nephi 21:9-10
For in that day, for my sake shall the Father work a work, which shall be a great and a marvelous work among them; and there shall be among them those who will not believe it, although a man shall declare it unto them. 
But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him, although he shall be marred because of them. Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil. 




No comments:

Post a Comment