Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The weather outside is frightful

It snowed!!!  It has snowed here but there isn't nearly as much as Kirtland.  We went to Kirtland last night with Kyle hoping to help him in his life. It was a fun trip and all.  they have 32 inches of snow up there and they keep getting more. I got to see people I haven't seen in a long time but I feel that that didn't help Kyle at all.  It just was another thing.

Also yesterday Nicole and Dom came to church.  I, once again, was playing with Dom during sacrament meeting but not as much as last time.  This time he would cheat on me so I pointed it out to him and it just was funny.  Nicole feels like she is getting more from the lessons we are teaching her this time.  Hopefully they will continue to build their faith unto baptism.

This week I also had the wonderful opportunity to walk everywhere on exchanges.  It was so much fun.  We were with the other elders in our ward and I was stuck walking.  I haven't walked that much in a long time.  The next day I totally could feel it.  So blessed to have a car.  Anyways, we were able to teach this member referral named Sandy.  She is an active church goer at another church but we taught the Restoration and she said it made sense.  No confusion or nothing.  It was awesome.

The scriptures that I am trying to apply in my life:
41 No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;
 42 By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile—
 43 Reproving betimes with sharpness, when moved upon by the Holy Ghost; and then showing forth afterwards an increase of love toward him whom thou hast reproved, lest he esteem thee to be his enemy;
Doctrine And Covenants 121

Elder Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment